How to make
a cuban coffee
• Café La Carreta Premium Espresso Blend
• 2-4 tablespoons of sugar
• 3-cup moka pot
• Measuring cup
• 2 espresso cups
• Mixing spoon
1. Add water to the moka pot. Fill the bottom chamber of the moka pot with enough water to reach the safety release valve.
2. Add coffee to the filter and fill to the top, then level it off with your finger.
3. Place the filter back into the bottom chamber and screw the top on so it’s firmly secure.
4. Place the sugar in the measuring cup.
5. Heat the moka pot over medium heat.
6. Allow the water to come to a boil. This will force the steam pressure to push the water up through the coffee grounds to collect as coffee in the top chamber.
7. Once the first few drops of coffee begin to brew, pour them into the sugar and mix vigorously to make the “espumita”. It should be thick and frothy.
8. Pour the remaining coffee brew into the measuring cup and mix, allowing the “espumita” to rise to the top.
9. Serve in your favorite “tacita” and enjoy.